Monday, April 18, 2011

Limelight: Harlem Toile De Jouy

I have been obsessed with Sheila Bridges' Harlem Toile De Jouy wallpaper since I discovered it a few years ago.  Bridges explains, [It] "tells a rich, yet satirical, story about African-American life through the often-distorted lens of the media. I designed it to remind people of many of the stereotypes that have historically been and continue to be associated with African-Americans living in rural parts of the country as well as urban areas like Harlem.” It comes in five wonderful shades and I think it's the perfect paper for a powder room or foyer.

Well now I'm even more obsessed with the Harlem Toile De Jouy plates and glasses! You can display them like artwork or use them at your next dinner party as a conversation piece. They can be used as everyday dinnerware too (microwaveable and dishwasher safe), but I couldn't do it. They're way too special! 

No comments:

Post a Comment