Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Who is Olav Slingerland?

Recently, I came across some amazingly stunning ceramics by Olav Slingerland.  I had never heard of this designer before but I thought his ceramic work was very interesting. Olav is a trained Indutrial Designer.  He studied at the Academy of Eindhoven in the Netherlands where he explored the possibilities of molding clay during the ceramic process. This allows him to put his personal touch on each piece.  

 I fell in love with his glazed white pieces and their juicy candy colored centers. His work is elegantly simple in form, but it makes a bold statement. Take his Slow Motion bowls and Piso vases for example, alone or in a group, they beg for your attention, and they got mine!

Slow Motion Bowls




Piso Vases






Liquid Organic Bowl- This is a similar bowl I found at CB2 that has the same modern organic charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment