Saturday, October 20, 2012

Love Affair!






Lavender... I remember the very first time I met Lavender. I have no idea why the experience of discovering this color is such a vivid memory for me. It was my 6th birthday and my mother ordered my birthday cake from the bakery. When she opened the box, it was the prettiest purple I had never seen! I asked her, "What color is that?" , and she replied, "Lavender."
 
In hindsight and even now, I can see why I was so enamoured with it. It's pretty, it's mysterious, it's stunning, and it's unique. Every time I see lavender I re-live that experience all over again! And there you have it, my love affair with lavender.
 
As for the picture up there, it just makes me happy. The color is part of the reason, but the interpretation of it makes it that much better. The Shoes? Christian Louboutin Greissimo. The treats? Scrumptious Cake (Courtesy of: Life as a Wife and Twice the Spice - Recipe). The room? No idea who designed it, but let's recreate the look!


 
Victoria Sleigh Bed from Z Gallerie




 


Chenille Throw from Target
Vintage Purple Puff Pillow from Amazon.com

Threshold Velvet Decorative Pillow from Target. You can add inexpensive
organza ribbon to the edges to achieve that romantic detail as pictured in the original.





 
Michelle White Table Lamp from Lamps Plus


Wooster Table from Zara Home





 

Alice wallpaper from Home Wallpaper Shop

*This piece is a reproduction of an original by artist C. Jere., so it has a higher price point. This is available at Jonathan Adler.



2 comments: