Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pint-sized Picasso


The Original. "Bee Street"



 So how often is it that you see a refrigerator completely covered in papers with children's artwork or accomplishments? I'd say it is a pretty common image. I know I've done it, only for a drawing to fade or get wet or disappear altogether.

Well, recently my 3 yr. old has been creating digital artwork with the coloring apps on my phone and maybe I'm biased, but I think they're great. And like so many parents, I want to display them! But not on the fridge. In my home, on the walls. Maybe it'll be the playroom, the living room, or even the kitchen. Framing anything of your child's makes your home that much more personal and special.
 
 
My baby's latest creation! "Splatt"
 (The extra "T" is for flare LOL)
So here's the idea. If it's a hand drawing, make a color copy or scan of the original, file it away (in a box, folder, etc.), *have it printed in different sizes (some 8x10, some 4x6, etc.- as long as the composition still works), and frame them collage style in your home. A nice exercise might be to have the child write a blurb on the back of the copy before hanging to describe it or the story behind it. And there you have it! A clear refrigerator and inexpensive, yet meaningful, artwork.


*If Artwork is already in digital format like mine, just print at different sizes to fit your frames.
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment